Admission requirements for the MBA program
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Completion of one undergraduate statistics course (3 or 4 units) or equivalent from an accredited institution with a letter grade of C or higher
- Completion of one undergraduate financial accounting course (3 or 4 units) from an accredited institution with letter a grade of C or higher
- Proof of English language proficiency for non-native English speakers
A completed application includes the following:
- Completed online application
- $50 application fee
- Official college/university transcripts for all required coursework
- GRE and GMAT scores if available.
- Either resume or a personal statement
- Proof of English proficiency (if non-native speaker)
- A letter of recommendation (encouraged)
- Students are encouraged to submit an academic letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor or advisor.
- Applicants not currently enrolled in a learning institution may submit an employer recommendation or personal reference.
Proof of English language proficiency may be established by meeting one or more of the following criteria:
- A minimum IELTS band of 6.0
- A score of 550 or higher for the paper-based TOEFL exam
- A minimum score of 79-80 on the internet based TOEFL exam
- A score of 213 or higher on the computer-based TOEFL exam
- A bachelor’s degree from a university at which English is the language of instruction and proof thereof
- The most important part of your application is your college record. Educational documents including transcripts (and/or mark sheets) must be submitted.
- All documents not issued in English must have a certified English translation.
- You must provide official transcripts from all institutions at which you have attempted coursework.
- Submit official transcripts showing yearly work in detail.
- If your school cannot provide an official document, please provide photocopies that are notarized as true copies of the original document.
- All documents submitted for admission become property of Marymount California University and will not be returned.
Credits earned at other accredited institutions
- Marymount California University may accept Graduate-level MBA coursework from other institutions of the same quality and equivalency as the courses in the online MBA program.
- Transfer courses must have been passed with a letter grade of B or higher.
- No more than 9 units of transfer credit will be accepted.